You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is an ideal way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Brandon Heating and Plumbing have assembled a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you catch small problems before they become major problems, and it can help make sure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big difference on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting used to the current temperature, try modifying it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Brandon Heating and Plumbing technician is over for your yearly furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 204-728-0180.