Having routine air conditioning service done at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Brandon summer, have the professionals at Brandon Heating and Plumbing complete your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illegally freeing it to the air.
- Check for efficient airflow through the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We advise checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Brandon Heating and Plumbing today at 204-728-0180.