During the cooler Brandon months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to Brandon Heating and Plumbing will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Brandon Heating and Plumbing right away if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Brandon Heating and Plumbing can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Brandon Heating and Plumbing at 204-728-0180 or schedule an appointment with us online.