As warmer weather starts, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Brandon? Especially if your AC unit is recently installed or was operating well last season.
Here’s one method to think about it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to schedule any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your system examined annually by a Brandon Heating and Plumbing specialist can help find minor problems before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to take care of intricate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up within your equipment can force it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can lead to increased energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it work for a greater period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling costs and in the long-term, since you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps pinpoint little troubles before they lead to big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine pieces and carry out a cycle of cooling performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into large troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is well-prepared to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require yearly maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your unit is vulnerable to premature failure and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC tune-up should have an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the following areas and components:
- Overall equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Immediately with Brandon Heating and Plumbing
Today is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Brandon Heating and Plumbing pros a shout at 204-728-0180 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, make sure to look at our special offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.