People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. Your personal smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. With it, you can control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats let you control your system via a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone whether you're at work or on vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, therefore they can also learn your schedule by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature to fit your needs.
There’s been quite a bit of buzz about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more accessible and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to start researching them and all the benefits they offer you, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You’ll find that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so you probably don’t have to worry about passing on a smart thermostat that you want because it’s not compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats can help you maximize your home comfort levels and help you lower your energy bills. Call Brandon Heating and Plumbing in Brandon at 204-728-0180. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be sure you’ll find one to match your needs.